A Vision Statement for Jefferson Baptist Church
● Mission Statement: To glorify Jesus as Lord and Savior by living and sharing His message of faith, hope and love with all people.
● We will seek, both as individuals and as a church family, to keep in the forefront of our thoughts, words, and actions a vision of glorifying Jesus in all things. We will encourage and challenge each other to grow in our passion to love God with all of our heart, and soul and strength, and to love others with that same commitment. We will seek to create an atmosphere where all people of all ages, races and sexes can mature in their relationship with Christ, discovering in us a loving acceptance and personal integrity that is inviting and welcoming to newcomers as well as those who have made long-term commitments to our fellowship. To that end, we commit ourselves to:
● Worship: Provide a worship experience that is friendly but challenging, informal yet maintaining a sense of reverence. We will be participatory, welcoming the involvement of all worshippers, while striving for excellence in preaching and musical presentation. Recognizing that all Christians are gifted by God the Holy Spirit for the building up of the Body and the service of God's Kingdom, we will strive to involve more and more of our members and friends in the workings of the church family.
● Biblical Foundation: Continue to build upon and strengthen a solid Biblical foundation for all who join us in honoring and serving Christ. We will encourage more active participation in and leadership of our educational opportunities for young people and adults: Sunday school, small group gatherings for prayer, Bible study, discipleship training, and mentoring. Our leadership will strive to model high standards of commitment to the educational training of our entire congregation.
● Lives of Integrity: Live lives of Christian love that match our talk so that our witness to our community will be consistent and effective in winning others to the Lord Jesus. We commit ourselves to generous stewardship of our time, talents and resources. We pledge to guard our tongues against gossip and careless chatter and to seek to quickly mend broken relationships. We will seek to be a family where all are welcomed, affirmed, and rejoiced over even as we encourage each other to daily grow more like Jesus in word and deed. We will strive to be active in sharing the love of Christ in our community and beyond and will serve the needs of God's people as He empowers us. Reaching out to others, strangers as well as old friends, the sick and the aged, the grieving and the lost, will be a regular part of who we are as a church.
● Adequate Facilities: Maintain and expand, as necessary, facilities that will meet the changing needs of our church family to carry on the work of Christ in our community. Grateful for the legacy of excellent care of our buildings and grounds that has been passed on to us, we will commit ourselves to moving ahead to secure an equally solid future that encompasses the wide variety of ministry demands of our church today and in the future.